Wednesday, October 8, 2014

When's your danger zone?

20140226-205931.jpg
My healthy sweet tooth craving
IMG_1955
This sign is above my kitchen window ;)
So my danger zone time for snacking is 8:00 pm.  My favorite go-to is a bowl of cereal. Although I do allow myself that once in a while, I usually go for a bowl of berries with a little bit of whipped cream and a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips. I swear it works for a sweet tooth at night. The berries are sweet plus the whipped cream and mini chocolate chips make you feel like you're having dessert and not being deprived. BUT...you have to use it in moderation.  I use roughly 2 tablespoons of whipped cream, 1 T of mini chocolate chips, and a cup of berries. That's roughly 60-80 calories, a serving of fruit, and a ton of cancer-fighting, anti-inflammatory antioxidants! Love it! Next time you have an evening sweet tooth try it! But the trick is to set yourself up for success by having it stocked in your kitchen before you get the craving ;)
XO  Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment