Monday, October 27, 2014

Lemon Water...Liquid Gold


Hot lemon water is all the rage now a days.  It's touted for so many benefits, some anecdotal and some scientifically proven.  I've loved lemons from an early age.  I used to peel them and eat them like oranges!  I believe you'll reap the benefits whether you prefer you fresh lemon juice in hot water or cold water.  We tend to make things more difficult than they need to be at times.  As long as you're drinking it...you're good!

A few months ago I started drinking fresh squeezed lemon in my water every day.  I generally use the juice of one lemon.  I also like to throw the half of lemon in my glass.  That way I'm getting the benefits of the oil in the rind as well!  The rind has its own health benefits like vitamins, minerals, and fiber. If using the rind or peel of any fruit always buy organic.

Although we consider a lemon 'acidic', in our body it has an alkalizing effect.  Which is great! Most systemic inflammation and chronic issues come from a chronic acidic environment in our body. Nutrition (and stress reduction) is key to reducing systemic inflammation and encouraging an alkaline environment in our body.  Below are some of the benefits to squeezing some lemon in your water on the daily, whether hot or cold!
  • Detoxifies the body
  • Promotes alkaline environment
  • Enhances mineral absorption
  • Helps ease stomach discomfort (especially right after a high-fat meal)
  • Promotes clearer skin
Those are just a few!  But with health benefits like that what's stopping you?  So next time you get yourself a glass of water, go ahead and squeeze some liquid gold in it ;)
Your health will thank you!

XO  Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment