Saturday, September 27, 2014

Health Benefits Of Tea



If you don't drink tea, you are missing out on some major benefits. I didn't used to like it but because I knew how good it was for my health I made myself drink it. And now I love it! Like many things, it may be an acquired taste. But there are so many varieties (black, green, red, white, herbal) you are bound to find one you like. If you have to sweeten it then I recommend doing so with honey as opposed to sugar. With honey you are getting even more health benefits than table sugar. Regardless of the variety, all teas have amazing health benefits in varying amounts. Below is a list of what health pop you'll get no matter what color or how you take it.  If these aren't enough to persuade you to try consuming tea...I'm not sure what will! 

  • Packed with polyphenols
  • Contains antioxidants (which reduce risk of some cancers, reduce signs of aging,     inflammation, and the list goes on!)
  • Increase mental altertness withought affecting the CNS so no jitters
  • May lower LDL cholesterol
  • Contains ECGC which studies show may increase metabolism
  • Some contain vitamins
  • Herbal tea's can help with everything from anxiety to an upset stomach
  • May help with bad breath (certain antioxidants inhibit the plaque build up which causes bad breath)
  • Many many more health benefits but too numerous to list 

Like with most foods, less processed is better. They still contain these properties but with lower concentrations. So avoid the 'flavored' or highly processed teas.
XO Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment