Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Eating for younger healthier skin. It's real!

These colors aren't just beautiful to look at.  Each pigment has amazing healing properties for your body and skin!
During times of stress my skin shows it.  I break out, I feel like my skin looks dull, and under my eyes look grey.  I hate it!  I do eat pretty healthy regularly BUT when I go through a period of time where I'm under an abnormal amount of stress I eat foods that are specifically great for the skin (because that's where stress shows for me).  I cannot tell you how vital eating well is for your skin (well...and your body)!  Here's a quick breakdown:
Consuming vitamin A helps to protect the skin against sun damage, EFA’s (like Omega-3) help to maintain cell membrane integrity which means younger and plumper looking skin, and antioxidants fight against free radicals which have been shown to speed the aging process.  There are too many foods to list that have these vitamins and minerals but I will name some of the more well-known and easy to find foods:
Vitamin A sources- dark leafy greens, deep yellow/orange vegetables, and dairy.
EFA’s- nuts, seeds, fish, vegetable oils (flaxseed, canola, and soybean)
Antioxidants- think deep red/purple fruits, green,black, red, and white tea, red wine and dark chocolate (at least 70%)-the last two are my favorite!!
XO  Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment