Friday, September 19, 2014

Garbanzo Beans!


Beans are major nutritional powerhouses! I try to use them as much as I can several times a week. I know...they give gas BUT the more your body adapts to a higher fiber intake (which should be at least 25g/day) the less discomfort you will have. Anyway, garbanzo beans are not only one of my most favorite beans but it's one of the most powerhousey of the powerhouses ! One of my favorite ways to eat them is over a salad for lunch or in a bean salad. Of course, I absolutely love a good humus made from them too. Here's their nutritional stats:
1/2 cup is 134 calories, a whopping 7 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, and a substantial amount of calcium, magnesium, folate, iron, copper, potassium, selenium, and they also contain zinc, vitamin C, and small amount of vitamin A. See why they are a star among powerhouse beans?! If you haven't tried them you must! They are mild in flavor and so they take on what you use with them. Some people don't like the fibrous texture. I do because a mushy bean is not my ideal. Let me know if you have an awesome bean salad recipe! I'm on the hunt for one. :)
Photo
Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment