Monday, September 22, 2014

Remedy For Hangovers!

I need coffee stat this morning!

Okay so...no one is perfect.  I enjoyed family and lots of laughs last night.  I intended to have one glass of wine....two glasses later I was done.  My system is so sensitive to things!  This morning I woke up feeling hung over from 2 glasses of wine!  That can't be normal.  Is it?  Anyway, started my day at 6 a.m. feeling annoyed because of it.  But after doing a few nutrition tweaks to help lessen or get over a hangover quicker, three hours later I'm fine!  Thought I'd share them with you.  Unless you way over do it this works for me every time!  


  • Good 'ol work out sweat session (30 minutes is all you need!)
  • Eggs (packed with cysteine which may help clear toxins from the effects of alcohol)
  • Water with fresh squeezed lemon juice (antioxidant powerhouse) 
  • LOTS AND LOTS of water
  • Multivitamin with 100% B vitamins (a major portion of the 'hangover' feeling and headache is from dehydration and the major loss of B vitamins due to the dehydration
  • Coffee (that's just for me ;) )--although...coffee is a major antioxidant and may help in that respect and it dilates the blood vessels which may help reduce headache symptoms
  • Then green tea (packed with antioxidants)
Let me know if you have any tricks to getting over that foggy feeling after one too many libations. ;)

XO   Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment