Monday, January 5, 2015

Green Goddess Breakfast Shake


                                 


                     My Green Goddess Shake!

Last year I started replacing my breakfast with shakes.  I love it because I can get in 5-7 servings of fruits/veggies in this one glass of goodness! Plus, I've noticed a difference in my skin and on the scale.  I am a huge fan of shakes!  I use the Nutribullet.  I've had mine for a year using it daily and the blades are still super sharp.

When a client wants to lose weight, one of the first things I suggest is replacing their breakfast with a veggie/fruit packed shake.  The variations are endless but the results are the same; dramatic increase in vegetable and fruit consumption, increase in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory intake, increase in fiber intake (which leads to longer satiety), and generally weight loss (when in conjunction with other life-style changes)-just to name a few.

Here's what I put in my Green Goddess Shake:
1/4 of an avocado
1/2 C Kale
1 Pear
1 Green Apple
1/2 Banana
1 t. Ginger
1 C Almond milk
(amounts are estimates and can vary depending on personal preference)

Do you have a delicious shake recipe?  Post it here or email me and I'll share it on my blog!

XO  Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment